McCarthy blissful to be on ‘winning track’
‘+activeFrame.title + ‘
KINGSTON, Jamaica — Jamaica Scorpions batsman Andre McCarthy says back-to-back wins over Windward Islands Volcanoes and Trinidad Tobago Red Force have put his group on a “winning track” in a WICB Professional Cricket League.
McCarthy was instrumental in both wins, scoring 92 in a initial innings contra a Volcanoes during Sabina Park before starring with a career-best 121 opposite a Red Force during Queen’s Park Oval.
“It’s good to be on a winning track. Last week [against a Volcanoes] it was a tough diversion as well. Sport has a lot to do with movement and one [win] can lead to dual and afterwards we can lift on. We only have to settle down as a team, demeanour during a diseased areas and try to scold them for a rest of a competition,” McCarthy told OBSERVER ONLINE after a group returned from Trinidad on Tuesday.
Jamaica Scorpions are second in a standings with 34 points, still some stretch behind undefeated Guyana Jaguars (53 points). They are followed by Barbados Pride and a Red Force, who both have 28 points, a Volcanoes (21 points) and Leeward Islands Hurricanes (seven points).
POST A COMMENT
1. We acquire reader comments on a tip stories of a day. Some comments might be republished on a website or in a journal â€“ email addresses will not be published.
2. Please know that comments are moderated and it is not always probable to tell all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to tell comments that are deputy of all received.
3. We ask that comments are polite and giveaway of slanderous or horrible material. Also greatfully hang to a subject underneath discussion.
4. Please do not write in retard capitals given this creates your criticism tough to read.
5. Please don’t use a comments to advertise. However, a promotion dialect can be some-more than easy if emailed: email@example.com.
6. If readers wish to news descent comments, advise a improvement or share a story afterwards greatfully email: firstname.lastname@example.org.