Ska festival this Saturday
‘+activeFrame.title + ‘
THE Jamaica Cultural Development Commission is in a final stages of credentials for a initial song festival — Heart of Ska — to be staged this Saturday, Aug 2, as partial of this year’s Independence celebrations.
The festival will be staged during a Ranny Williams Entertainment Centre in St Andrew starting during 12:00 noon with a daytime programme that will underline film presentations, exhibitions showcasing photos and artifacts of eminent exponent of this song form, The Skatalites, and a ska era, row discussions, and interactive competitions.
The prominence for a festival will be a categorical uncover during 8:00 pm. It will concentration on ‘Ska Rebirth’ that will be led by master drummer Sparrow Martin and will embody Ska la Reg, Eric Monty Morris — a strange lead thespian of The Skatalites, Derrick Morgan, who was crowned “the King of Ska” by a people of Jamaica and a many inclusive hit-maker of a ska era, Strangejah Cole and Bunny Skully. There will be a special guest opening by American jazz trombonist Delfeayo Marsalis. The performers will all be corroborated by Fab 5.
The Ranny Williams Entertainment Centre has been remade into a Jamaica Festival Village, and will be home to many of a events for a holiday period.
The encampment will underline daily and nightly events and activities for a whole family, including concerts, exhibitions and expositions, kiddies village, rides and attractions.
POST A COMMENT
1. We acquire reader comments on a tip stories of a day. Some comments might be republished on a website or in a journal â€“ email addresses will not be published.
2. Please know that comments are moderated and it is not always probable to tell all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to tell comments that are deputy of all received.
3. We ask that comments are polite and giveaway of slanderous or horrible material. Also greatfully hang to a subject underneath discussion.
4. Please do not write in retard capitals given this creates your criticism tough to read.
5. Please don’t use a comments to advertise. However, a promotion dialect can be some-more than easy if emailed: email@example.com.
6. If readers wish to news descent comments, advise a improvement or share a story afterwards greatfully email: firstname.lastname@example.org.