GraceKennedy issues matter on Court of Appeal ruling
‘+activeFrame.title + ‘
KINGSTON, Jamaica — The following is a matter from GraceKennedy following a statute handed down by a justice of interest today:
The Court of Appeal currently handed down visualisation in a box brought by Paymaster opposite GraceKennedy’s subsidiary, GraceKennedy Remittance Services Limited (GKRS) and Paul Lowe. The Court authorised one of Paymaster’s thirteen drift of appeal, while dismissing a interest opposite a visualisation awarded to Mr. Lowe. Paymaster’s interest in propinquity to copyright was dismissed.
GraceKennedy has suggested that while a Court’s preference is respected, formed on recommendation from a attorneys-at-law, a association is assured that it has a clever basement for appeal.
The association has serve suggested that it has educated a attorneys, Michael Hylton QC and Courtney Bailey educated by DunnCox, to request for accede to interest to a Privy Council.
In August, 2000, Paymaster filed fit jointly opposite GKRS and program developer, Paul Lowe, claiming indemnification outset out of a use by GKRS of certain software, to that Paymaster purported it owned copyright. In Apr of 2010, a Supreme Court ruled in foster of GKRS and a developer on all claims. In Jun of that year, Paymaster filed an interest opposite a Supreme Court’s decision. The interest was listened in Sep 2013.
Like a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/jamaicaobserver
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/JamaicaObserver
POST A COMMENT
1. We acquire reader comments on a tip stories of a day. Some comments might be republished on a website or in a journal â€“ email addresses will not be published.
2. Please know that comments are moderated and it is not always probable to tell all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to tell comments that are deputy of all received.
3. We ask that comments are polite and giveaway of slanderous or horrible material. Also greatfully hang to a subject underneath discussion.
4. Please do not write in retard capitals given this creates your criticism tough to read.
5. Please don’t use a comments to advertise. However, a promotion dialect can be some-more than easy if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. If readers wish to news descent comments, advise a improvement or share a story afterwards greatfully email: email@example.com.